After repeated biscotti consumption during my recent trip to New York City I decided recently to take it upon myself to make some extremely easy vegan biscotti of my own! This delicious treat pairs perfectly with your favorite cup of coffee or all by itself!
2 Cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup + 1 tbs almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl and combine wet ingredients together in another bowl
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and carefully fold ingredients together, be careful not to over-mix.
4. Divide dough into two equal balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet, roll out each dough ball into a rectangular shape about 1/2 inch in thickness all around. You can use a rolling pin for this or just use your hands as I did.
5. Score the top of each "loaf" about every 1/2 inch down, I got about 6 biscotti per loaf
6. Bake the loaves for 30 minutes
7. Remove loaves from pan and then cut through where you previously scored to make the final shape of biscotti. Turn down oven to 325 degrees. Flip each biscotti on to one flat, newly-cut side and bake again for 5 minutes in 350 degree oven.
8. Flip biscotti again on to other side and bake for 10 minutes until slightly browned.
9. Let cool and cooling rack and enjoy!